Friday, July 13, 2012

Step 4: #bye

Leaving for the airport in twenty minutes.

Grandma's ring: on finger.
Forty pages of family photos, documents, and family trees: in folder.
Bags: packed and by the door.

Going through the motions of packing and physically putting everything together (and straightening my hair at 2 this morning so I don't have to deal with it on the plane) has really helped prepare me mentally.  I don't exactly know where I'm staying tomorrow night--possibly a hostel?--and I don't know what I'm going to be doing before I meet up with another participant to go to the house on Sunday night, but I'm miraculously okay with it.  I am so used to having everything planned and managed and ready, but I'm realizing that even though there is not much planned or managed right now, I am ready.  The next 48 hours don't matter much--it's the five days after that. 

I probably won't post until I get to Germany, so auf wiedersehen! 


#bye


ARL

No comments:

Post a Comment